Fluent Announces Revenue Growth, Client Wins, and Accolades for 2015January 6, 2016 | By Fluent
Industry leader in people-based digital marketing and customer acquisition grew revenue by over 100% and added 172 new clients during the year
NEW YORK- January 6, 2016—Fluent, LLC, a leading consumer marketing and advertising technology company, today announced the achievement of a host of key milestones in 2015 on the heels of its recent acquisition by IDI, Inc. (NYSE MKT: IDI), an information solutions provider in the multi-billion dollar data fusion market. Following an outstanding 2015, Fluent intends to further accelerate its leadership in the people-based digital marketing industry as it rolls out an aggressive product roadmap and strategic growth plan.
- Revenue Growth. Fluent drove more than 100% year-over-year revenue growth from 2014 to 2015, posting approximately $126 million in revenue and approximately $20 million in EBITDA over the trailing 12 months through Q3 2015.
- New Clients and Case Studies. The company added 172 new advertisers to its client roster, bringing its total client list to over 500 top brands and direct marketers. New clients added in 2015 such as Western Union and Shoe Carnival reported strong results using the platform, including industry-leading levels of consumer engagement and campaign ROI.
- Massive Audience Data and Reach. Fluent ended the year with substantial first party data assets, including a database of over 120 million U.S. consumers containing detailed demographic, ethnographic, behavioral, and meta-data attributes. In addition, Fluent now surveys over 500,000 Americans and generates over 5.6 million survey responses each day.
- Expansion of Corporate Executive Team and Offices. Fluent added new talent to its executive ranks, and opened new offices to support growth. Industry veteran Daryl Colwell joined the company as SVP of Sales, having previously served as SVP of U.S. Sales & Business Development for Matomy Media. Fluent also opened a satellite office in Washington, D.C., in response to surging demand from leading political campaigns and causes, and appointed Jeff Pavelcsyk as GM of Political & Advocacy Solutions.
- Industry Thought Leadership. Fluent published over a dozen proprietary studies and research reports, and launched its Fluent Political Pulse web portal – making it the premier advertising technology company in the country that is publishing survey results on a weekly basis related to the 2016 presidential election. Fluent’s research and commentary were featured in over 150 articles throughout the year, including top tier broadcast and print media outlets such as CNBC, The New York Times, NPR, The Hill, The Los Angeles Times, and Market Watch. In addition, Fluent executives were featured presenters and panelists at dozens of national conferences and events throughout the year, including Shop.org, the American Association of Political Consultants (AAPC), and MediaPost’s Email Insider Summit.
- Awards and Accolades. Fluent was recognized as one of the best places to work in the nation. Awards included Advertising Age’s “Best Places to Work” (#12), Crain’s New York “Best Places to Work” (#9), and Fortune magazine’s “Best Workplaces for Women” (#7). Fluent’s continued focus on employee development, recognition, and satisfaction programs has enabled it to attract and retain top talent in a competitive technology hiring landscape.
“In an era when marketers are prioritizing the acquisition of first party data and owning the relationship with the customer, Fluent has found itself in a sweet spot that has yielded exceptional performance and growth across virtually every facet of our business,” said Ryan Schulke, CEO and Co-Founder of Fluent. “We are very proud and honored to have become a partner of record for many of the world’s smartest brands, and are equally proud and thankful to our incredible colleague-base for driving forward an ambitious strategic plan. 2015 was truly a banner year for our company, and we are just getting started.”
Fluent, LLC, an IDI company (NYSE MKT: IDI), is an industry leader in people-based digital marketing and customer acquisition, serving over 500 leading consumer brands and direct marketers. Leveraging a massive reservoir of proprietary audience data, as well as millions of real-time survey interactions with consumers every day, Fluent enables advertisers to more effectively target and acquire their most valuable customers, with precision, at a massive scale. The company’s headquarters is in New York City, with a satellite office in Washington, DC. For more information visit http://fluentinc.wpengine.com/.
About IDI, Inc.
IDI, Inc. is an information solutions provider focused on the multi-billion dollar data fusion market. IDI delivers otherwise unattainable insight into the ever-expanding universe of consumer- and business-centric data. Through proprietary linking technology, advanced systems architecture, and a massive data repository, IDI addresses the rapidly growing need for actionable intelligence to support the risk management industry, for purposes including due diligence, risk assessment, fraud detection and prevention, authentication and verification, and more. Additionally, IDI’s cross-functional core systems and processes are designed to deliver products and solutions to the marketing industry and to enable the public and private sectors to layer our solutions over their unique data sets, providing otherwise unattainable insight. For more information visit http://ididata.com/.
This press release contains “forward-looking statements,” as that term is defined under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (PSLRA), which statements may be identified by words such as “expects,” “plans,” “projects,” “will,” “may,” “anticipate,” “believes,” “should,” “intends,” “estimates,” and other words of similar meaning. Such forward looking statements include statements about whether Fluent will accelerate its leadership in the digital marketing industry as it rolls out an aggressive product roadmap and strategic growth plan. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which are based on our expectations as of the date of this press release and speak only as of the date of this press release and are advised to consider the factors listed above together with the additional factors under the heading “Forward-Looking Statements” and “Risk Factors” in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K, as may be supplemented or amended by the Company’s Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other SEC filings. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.