Revenue & Collections:
· Ensure customer payments are received timely.
· Track and report on collections efforts; liaise with sales and client services teams as required.
· Prepare and maintain weekly delinquency reports.
· Review, analyze and assist in resolving customer account and billing discrepancies.
Accounts Payable and Other:
· Assist with invoice entry in both legacy (Quickbooks) and new (Oracle) accounting systems
· Prepare support for weekly check runs
· Assist with annual 1099 process
· Respond to vendor email inquiries regarding invoice/payment status
· Review vendor statements to identify missing invoices; following up with vendors as needed
· Administrative duties, including filing, create new calendar year folders and preparing files for storage
A background in accounting or general office experience (i.e. an understanding of collections, full cycle A/R and/or A/P, invoices, payments, purchase orders and/or vendor administration). This role is an opportunity to learn multiple aspects of accounting, in a close-knit environment. This role will provide the right candidate with a thorough understanding of accounting practices within a fast-paced, technology focused, mid-size company.
In addition to an undergraduate degree/studies in Business, Accounting, Finance or 1-3 years of related work experience, the ideal candidate will be:
· Confident & humble. You’re comfortable acknowledging what you don’t know, give others the benefit of the doubt, and excited about leveraging your natural strengths.
· Passionate about what you do. You’re excited about being a part of Fluent, eager to contribute and learn, ask a lot of questions and proactively look for improvements.
· Thorough & accurate. You don’t consider the work complete until you have all the information needed. “Do it once & do it right” is your motto!
· Highly organized. You’re able to manage multiple priorities and work with a high sense of urgency.
· A creative problem solver. You don’t stop when you hit a speed bump and enjoy figuring out the best path forward and reach your destination.
· Positive. You are a curious and constant learner, where every day and every task is an opportunity to learn. Challenges are opportunities to showcase your skills.
· Strong, highly diplomatic, communication skills
· Interest in learning accounting operations
· Comfortable with technology and software, including Outlook and Excel
· Experience with Quickbooks, Oracle and/or any Accounting ERP a plus
· Previous experience in an entrepreneurial environment preferred but not required